How does it work?
1. When you first contact me, I will gather a little information about who you would like photographed and what you would like to accomplish with your session. I can also answer any questions you have.
2. After you decide when you would like to schedule your portrait session I will ask for a deposit of half the session cost to hold that date and time. The second half of the session cost will be paid on the day of the shoot. I understand that sometimes things come up and a session will need to be rescheduled. As long as 24 hour notice is provided we can reschedule your shoot and your deposit will carry over. Please note that deposits can be forfeited if there is a no-show, 24 hour notice is not provided for a cancellation or there are excessive cancellations.
3. After a portrait session has been booked and the deposit received I will send a confirmation email with your session date/time and a few things you can do with your pet prior to your session to help insure a great shoot. I will also provide a client access link for you to visit which will contain the photography agreements will need to sign prior to the shoot. I like to get to know a little about your pet and specifically what you are looking for in a photo shoot. To do this there will be a questionaire attached to the email. You can fill out as much or as little as you'd like and return it to me as soon as possible..
4. The first part of the portrait session consist of letting your pet get to know me. This is very important since it insures that your pet is comfortable and willing to let me photograph them naturally. I will never make you feel rushed to complete the shoot in a certain amount of time. Pets are unpredictable so your session will last as long as it takes to get the shots we are after.
5. Once the shoot is completed you will receive access to a private online proof gallery within two weeks. From the online gallery you will be able to choose which shots you would like printed. If you have any questions during the print selection process you can contact me and I will be more than happy to answer them or offer my suggestions. Otherwise we will set up a ordering session about a week after you get your gallery. This ordering session can be done completely over the phone. To take advantage of current product rates your initial print and product orders must be placed and payment received within 30 days, after which time prices will increase.
6. Prints will be delivered in 2-3 weeks. If at any time in the future you would like to re-order products you can refer back to your private gallery. Products can be purchased at current rates as long as your initial print order was placed within 30 days. To schedule your shoot call or email
How far will you travel?
Destinations within 30 minutes of the city of Waukesha are included in the price of your package. Anything beyond that may be subject to a travel fee. Contact me
Can I be included in some of the photos?
If it were up to me I would always have the pet lovers in a couple of the pictures. I love capturing that special bond between pet lover and pet. But whether you do make an appearance in any of the photos is completely up to you. If you do want to get in some of the pictures I would recommend wearing something that is both a solid color and compliments the color of your pet(s). Additional animals (from the same household) can be added to the shoot for no additional cost. The total online proofs will be split among all of the total pets being shot. If you would like more proofs available you can add $50 per additional pet. This will allow me more time with each animal and provides 50% more proofs.
How is the print quality?
Your color photos will be printed on Kodak Professional Supra Endura VC Digital Paper (aka Traditional E-Surface Paper). This paper produces accurate color, realistic saturation, and brighter colors. Your black and white photos are printed on a panchromatic, resin-coated paper specifically designed for making continuous-tone black and white prints directly from digital images. For either type of paper you don't need to worry about prints fading. The standard archival value is 100 years in home display and 200 years in dark storage.
Where do your photo shoots take place?
I prefer to shoot where your pets are the most comfortable and the place that brings out their true character. Shoots can take place at a park, in your back yard or even in your home. I can offer suggestions on places to shoot if you would like.
I would like to have my shoot at a park but my pet needs to stay on a leash?
That won't be a problem. I am able to remove the leash in Photoshop if you would prefer. If you are going to want the leash removed in a lot of your pictures, an extra fee might be required to cover the considerable time this can take.
What if I am not happy with any of the pictures you take?
I am so sure that you will be happy with your photos that I offer a money back guarantee on your session package price. Since All Ears Pet Photography isn't a large, stuffy photo studio, I can work with you to get exactly what you are looking for, even if it requires scheduling a re-shoot.
How are you giving back to pets in need?
As a way of giving back to the pet community I enjoy donating photo shoots to many local pet organizations. These shoots are used for silent auctions as a way of raising funds for the organization. There are MANY great pet related organization in the Milwaukee area. We adopted our puppy, Chloe, from the The Wisconsin Humane Society. If you are looking to adopt a pet please consider them. They do a great job matching needy pets with loving homes. If you are part of a pet organization please feel free to contact me about a possible photo shoot donation for your next event.
What if the weather is bad on the day of my shoot?
I will contact you earlier in the day if it looks like the weather is not going to cooperate for your shoot. We can play it by ear or reschedule for another day.
Do you shoot in black and white?
I shoot entirely in digital so any the photos taken can be converted to black and white or sepia. Some pictures look better in black and white while others tend to look better in color. If you are not sure whether a picture will look good in black and white let me know, I will be happy to offer suggestions and to convert the image for you.
Do you have a studio?
I do not photograph pets in a studio. I think pets are most comfortable when they are in their natural surroundings and therefore look better. Most pets do not feel comfortable with flashes and are very difficult to photograph this way. If your pet is one of them, a more natural photo shoot might work out better.
What forms of payment do you accept?
I accept cash, checks, money orders and credit cards (via Google Checkout). If you would like to pay for your deposit with a credit card you can do it through Google Checkout on the client access site. The remainder for the shoot will need to completed prior to or on the day of the shoot.
What is the agreement for?
I have an agreement for both of us to sign that explains the terms of your photo shoot and what happens with the images once they are taken. This contract will be signed digitally prior to the shoot. I can answer any questions you have on the agreement.
I still have a few questions. Can I talk to someone?
If you have any questions feel free to contact me
or call 262.320.7387. I will be happy to talk with you about anything (I love talking with pet people). I want to make sure you get all of your questions answered and you feel comfortable with the shoot.